Well, first things first.
Here are the heavy metals on the Periodic table.
But, hold on…
A few simple questions to you.
- Do you know what elements are known as heavy metals ?
- Which elements show maximum characteristics of heavy metals ?
- Which elements show less characteristics of heavy metals ?
- Is copper a heavy metal ?
- Is Silver a heavy metal ?
I’ll clear all these doubts.
Within a few seconds, you will see What are heavy metals on the periodic table?
I’ll also give you a complete list of heavy metals on periodic table.
So, let’s finish this very quickly.
First of all, let me explain to you the concept and definition of heavy metals elements.
See how this Interactive Periodic Table helps you
- You can effortlessly find every single detail about the elements from this single Interactive Periodic table.
- You will get the detailed information about the periodic table which will convert a newbie into pro.
- You will also get the HD images of the Periodic table (for FREE).
What are Heavy Metals on the Periodic table?
The metals which have higher density or higher atomic mass are known as heavy metals.
But one thing I want to tell you that you may find a different definition of heavy metals in metallurgy, physics as well as chemistry.
Here is why.
In metallurgy, researchers define heavy metals on the basis of density.
While in physics, they may use atomic numbers for defining heavy metals.
Whereas in chemistry, chemists are concerned with the chemical properties of heavy metals for defining them.
So there is a research work still going on for the specific definition and classification of heavy metals.
Now the question is;
How can we come to know which metals are heavy metals?
Well, many researchers use the common criteria that if the metals have the density of more than 5 g/cm³, then they are likely to be known as heavy metals.
On the basis of this criteria, the heavy metals are shown on the Periodic table.
The metals which show maximum characteristics of heavy metals are;
These heavy metals are displayed on the Periodic table with red color (see above image)
The metals which show less characteristics of heavy metals are;
And these elements are represented by orange color on the Periodic table.
Rest of the elements which are shown in yellow color show fewer characteristics of heavy metals.
List of Heavy Metals on Periodic table
Here is a complete list/chart of heavy metals elements. You will come to know the examples of heavy metals which show maximum characteristics, less characteristics as well as fewer characteristics of heavy metals.
|Atomic number||Heavy metals name||How much characteristics do they show like heavy metals? (Maximum, Less or Fewer)|
I hope you have understood the meaning of heavy metals along with their examples and position on Periodic table.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments below.
Free Gift for you: Interactive Periodic Table
Let me tell you how this Interactive Periodic Table will help you in your studies.
1). You can effortlessly find every single detail about the elements from this single Interactive Periodic table.
2). You will get the detailed information about the periodic table which will convert a newbie into pro.
3). You will also get the HD images of the Periodic table (for FREE).
Checkout Interactive Periodic table and download it’s high resolution image now (It’s FREE)
Suggested Important articles for you:
- Periodic table of elements (Detailed guide + HD image)
- Periodic table with metals
- Periodic table with nonmetals
- Periodic table with metalloids
- Periodic table with halogens
- Periodic table with noble gases
- Periodic table showing alkali metals
- Periodic table showing alkaline earth metals
- Periodic table with transition metals
- Periodic table with inner transition metals
- Periodic trends (Trends in periodic table)